Transport at Newlands School
At Newlands School, we work with RTA, to ensure the highest standards of safety and security during the student’s journey to and from school.
Newlands uses RTA provided buses, which are 25-seat coaster buses, with all the necessary safety equipment on board. Buses are staffed by professionally trained drivers and assistants who follow the school approved safety procedures, maintaining the safety and well-being of all our students on their journeys to and from school.
All our transport operations are in compliance with KHDA, DHA and MOE Health & Safety Guidelines for COVID-19.
The capacity of buses has been reduced to 50 percent to ensure students maintain the safe distance.
Buses are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized every day and staff use PPE all the times.
Students are encouraged to sit on their allotted seats, both in the morning and in the afternoon trips.
Please note that all RTA buses are provided with the following:
- Hand sanitizing gels and wipes
- Sanitizer Sprays
- Access badge readers (all students are provided with RTA identity cards)
- Safety belts on all seats in the buses
- First Aid kits
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as face mask, gloves, etc.
- Bottled water
- Front, side and rear-end cameras
- Fire extinguisher
- DVD players and lessons can be played on the buses to keep the students busy and less distracted
Following procedures/guidelines are also implemented and observed:
- The student swipes the card while entering and exiting the bus.
- Records maintained and report submitted on a monthly basis.
- Door mechanism is controlled by the driver for the safety of the child on board.
- Lady Nannies are present on the buses to on-board and off-board students with care and to monitor and maintain safety regulations while onboard.
- Children are not allowed to leave their seats while the bus is in motion.
- Emergency exits on the right, left, back and top sides of the bus.
- All drivers and Nannies wear the official uniform while practising school transport activity and maintain clean attire.
- The buses are kept clean and well maintained at all times, a regular check is made by the school and RTA authorities.
- Parents’ concerns can be logged and directly communicated to the Transportation Manager in this regard.
We have 7 buses that cover the following areas and numbered accordingly.
Bus No. 1 – Silicon Oasis
Bus No. 2 – International city, Al Warsan village, Al Warqa 4
Bus No. 3 – Mirdif
Bus No. 4 – Al Warqa 1, 2 & 3, Remram, JVC, Dubai Sports City, Media City, Villanova, Town Square
Bus No. 5 – Rashidya, Nad al Hamar, Nad al Sheba 3, Ras al Khor, Al Warqa 1
Bus No. 6 – Warsan 4, Sky courts, Liwan, Al Warqa 3
Bus No. 7 –Mirdif, Muhaisna, Mizhar, Oud Al Muteena, Al Qusais, Al Nahda
|Areas in Kilometer of Buses Routes
|1||Al Warqa 1,2,3 & 4||
|10 KMS||AED2,724||AED2,043||AED 2,043||AED 6,810|
|20 KMS||AED2,848||AED2,136||AED 2,136||AED7,430|
We, at Newlands School always believe in smooth, safe and sound operations outside and within the school premises.
For further details, please contact us on 04 282 1200.