Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the school timings?
The school timings for FS 1 & FS 2 are from 7:30 am – 1:30 pm and from Year 1 to Year 9 are 7:30 am – 2:30 pm.
2. Do you have any other branch in the MENA region?
3. Is Newlands an “International school”?
Yes, Newlands is an international school. It is part of The Beaconhouse School System which is one of the largest private and international school networks in the world.
4. The parents who have opted for distance learning, do they have the same teachers as the children coming to school or there are different teachers for them as parents want their kids to be at the same pace as children coming to school?
- In year groups where we have enough students for DL, a dedicated Distance learning class with a dedicated Homeroom teacher is in place.
- In year groups where we do not have enough students for a full DL class, we have live streaming of lessons.
5. What does the time table look like (library, breaks, P.E, assembly etc )?
- School timetables are in place for all models.
- All children have the same lessons in each year group.
- No assemblies take place as per KHDA Protocol.
- PE lessons take place with social distancing guidelines.
- Library lessons are integrated with Homeroom lessons.
- Children eat their snack and lunch in classrooms and playtime is in their ‘Bubble groups’.
6. Parents who are opting for distance learning want to know why they need to purchase books as they did not use them in the previous distance learning?
Books are a resource and not the curriculum. In both DL and Face to Face learning students have access to a range of digital media and resources. Distance Learning also uses books in one form or another. We are hopeful that Distance Learning will be in place in the first term only and children will return to school after the pandemic is over.
7. What is the timing for distance learning?
The school timing for all school models, including Distance Learning, is the same.
8. How do children who have opted for complete distance learning receive their books?
Parents need to pick up books from the school at an appointed time. Please wait for communication from the school.
9. Is the Nurse/ staff Covid Trained? What are the safety measures in place?
- We have a doctor and a nurse on site.
- Medical staff undergo DHA training periodically.
- As always, we are working diligently to follow and exceed the stringent safety & hygiene guidelines set by the KHDA and Dubai Health Authority.
- We clean, sanitize and disinfect daily.
10. Do kids younger than 4 wear masks all day?
Children under six years are not mandated to wear masks unless parents wish them to.
11. Are there shields to separate the kids in the classes?
- In FS and Year 1, students are taught in bubble groups of not more than 10 children. Sneeze screens are in place on the desks and children are taught to maintain a safe distance of 1.5 meters.
- Year 2 to Y 9 students are taught in bubbles of 13 children and they are taught to maintain a safe distance of 1.5 meters and with sneeze screens dividers where children are sharing a table.
12. Are school events still planned to go ahead?
School-wide events and activities such as assemblies, sports days, international days or performances are not allowed at this time.