Transport at Newlands School
At Newlands School, we work with RTA, who ensures the highest standards of security and safety during the children’s journey to and from school.
RTA buses are 25 coaster buses, with all safety equipment on board. Buses are staffed by professionally trained drivers and assistants who follow the school approved safety procedures, maintaining the well-being and safety of all our students on their journeys to and from school.
Having a capacity to take on board 25 students, we are allowed to load only 21 students as per RTA safety requirements, rules & regulations.
Please note all RTA buses are provided with the following;
- Access badge readers, all students are provided with RTA identity cards.
- The student swipes the card while entering and exiting the bus.
- Records maintained and report submitted on monthly basis.
- Safety belts on all seats in the buses.
- Front, side and rear end cameras.
- Water bottles in case of emergency.
- DVD players and lessons can be played on the buses to keep the students busy and less distracted.
- First Aid kits.
- Door mechanism is controlled by the driver for the safety of the child on board.
- Lady Nannies are present on the buses to on board and off board students with care and to monitor and maintain safety regulations while on board.
- Children are not allowed to leave their seats while the bus is in motion.
- One 6-kg fire extinguisher if the school bus is less than 10-meter long.
- Emergency exits on the right, left, back and top sides of the bus.
- All drivers and Nannies wear the official uniform while practising school transport activity, and maintain clean attire.
- The buses must be clean and well maintained at all times, a regular check is made by the school and RTA authorities.
- Complains can be logged to the School Support Manager (Ms. Shabana Kazi) in this regard.
We have 9 buses in all and all are numbered accordingly.
The buses cover the following areas mentioned below.
- Bus no 1; Silicon Oasis
- Bus no 2; Int City – Warsan – Al Warka 4
- Bus no 3; Muhaisna – Mizhar- Muteena- Al Nahda
- Bus no 4; Marina – Dubai Mall – Biz Bay
- Bus no 5; Skycourt – Que Point
- Bus no 6; Mirdif – Al Warka
- Bus no 7; Silicon Oasis
- Bus no 8; International City
- Bus no 9; Mirdif
We, at Newlands School always believe in smooth, safe and sound operations outside and within the school premises. Our motto is the safety of our students, and we truly believe in the same at all times.
For more details please contact our School Support Manager – Ms Shabana Kazi at 04 282 1200 ext 104. You can also send her an email at email@example.com